Image via WikipediaA lot of people wear glasses to improve their vision, use a cane to walk better, have dental implants. Is this a beginning of human cyborgs like robocop : a mixture of nature and artificial ?
Let us go further and see what is already possible :
- knee replacement
- hip replacement
- artificial limbs
- artificial organs
- breast implants like Pamela Anderson
- an artificial penis
That is a whole lot of artificial stuff to put in a human.
But there is more :
- neural implants to move arm
- retina microchip
- a monkey feeds itself using its brain, yes, reading our brain(1) (2)(3)
- controlling our brain : implants to cure depression
- virtually walking
- and to cure cancer and the like :a chemical brain to control nanobots
- and inevitably al lot of ways to build a better soldier
It seems we are well on our way to become cyborgs !
Enjoyed this post ? Then you might be interested in the following :
– Web 5.0: The telepathic web
– Futurology : Top ten emerging technologies
– Robotic insects or cyber-insects ?
– Self reassembling Robot
– Human brain copy protection by AnyMind Inc.