Copying human minds : possibilities, consequences and regulations.
When it will be possible to copy the human mind into a clone, cyborg or whatever will be capable of functioning with it, a lot of questions will have to be answered :
- who will have read-write-modify-delete access ?
- Who will have the right to make a copy of your mind ?
- What about illegal copies ?
- Will it be possible to install a copy protection in your child’s brain at birth?
- Will a copy be as valuable as the original human being ?
- Will it be allowed to delete the copy after it has done what had to be done?
- Will a “MindMarket” come into existence, where you can buy your preferred mind to put into your robot-cyborg-human_clone ?
- Would you sell copies of your mind to people who like it ?
- Would you sell copies of your body to people who like it (this is a huge erotica market !)
- Will you have to buy the body and the mind separately or will some Microsoft-like multinational (AnyMind Inc. ?) dominate the market have minds pre-installed everywhere ?
I am sure you can add a lot more questions and possibilities.
Oh yes, if you want to know how it can be done: here is the roadmap to xerox a brain.